Sunday, April 7, 2019

The Studio Challenge - Sketch

Hello, everyone! Good Sunday morning to you! I hope that you are having a good weekend. Ours has been great so far - warm weather, windows open, yard work being done...you can't get any better than that!

It's time for a sketch challenge at The Studio Challenges today! Anna has created a fun sketch for us to work with:


This is what I came up with:


I really liked the big triangles on each end of the photo block, but I just could not get them to look right - they were either too big or too small, so I decided to leave them off and just add a couple smaller triangles in opposite corners.

Everything I used on this layout is from my April Counterfeit Kit. You can read all about it here. It's always great to have papers already picked out and ready to go when I sit down to scrap. I even use one of the cameras that I created for my forgeries.

Here are a couple of close-ups:



When I added in the black and pink splatters I got a big blob of the two together and it didn't look very pretty, so I added a puffy heart on top of it and then sprinkled a few more down my layout.

I love these photos of Ada trying to sneak up on me in the car. She looks so darn cute in her little sunglasses peeking over the seat!

Head on over to The Studio Challenges to see the beautiful layouts from the rest of the design team. I would love to see your take on the sketch, so be sure to share it with us!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Adorable layout Lori. I love your smaller triangles...just perfect!

    ReplyDelete