Monday, February 17, 2020

Week 7/2019 - The ScrapRoom - February Shots of Life Kit

Hello, hello! Happy Monday to you! I hope that you had a good weekend.

Today I am up on The ScrapRoom blog sharing my pocket pages using the February portion of the Shots of Life Kit. I truly love getting this kit every other month. There is always a great variety of supplies to work with. Since the February portion of the kit was heavy on the Valentine's Day vibe, I decided to get my Week 7 from 2019 documented. Even though the Valentine's Day cut apart sheets weren't necessarily the same style - the Simple Stories is more vintage/shabby chic and the Photo Play cut apart sheet is more playful - when spread across the two pages they work well together.

Here is a look at the kit:


Here's a look at my complete spread:


This week was fairly busy but most of my photos were for Valentine's Day. Instead of making an insert just for Valentine's Day, I decided to just dedicate the right side to that day. 

Here's the left side of the spread:


This week when Abby and Ada stayed over for supper we had waffles - which just might have been Ada's favorite meal at the time. She kept telling us at supper how much she loved Pops and waffles, and she kept saying "this is the best day ever!" so I created my own 3x4 card. The pink really does match better with the other pinks than what it looks like in the photos. 

Here is the right side of the spread - all about Valentine's Day:


Shawn and Abby took Ada to the circus for the first time on Valentine's Day - which is the top left photos. Ada got to ride a pony and get her face painted before the circus started and then once it did, Abby said Ada sat on the edge of her seat the whole time, clapping, and loving every minute of it. 

The pictures in the middle row are of Ada's Valentine's Day present. Things had been crazy with Kim's funeral and I hadn't had the chance to get her anything for Valentine's Day, so that morning we went to town and I let her pick something out. She picked out this Scruff-A-Luv pet. She was so excited to get it home and give it a bath and get it to look like a nice, fluffy pet. She worked hard on cleaning it up, drying its hair - or fur - and brushing it out. As hard as she, and I tried, we could not get it to look like what was on tv. She was a little disappointed - as you can see in the last photo in the row! 

The photo on the bottom row is my Valentine from Scott. I made a TN spread about this photo here so I didn't need to go into to much detail here. I just said - "who needs flowers or candy when you get your very own - picked out & personalized just for you - taco sauce packs?!"

I am slowly working my way through 2019 - skipping around quite a bit - but I will have it completed in no time!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment