Friday, February 7, 2020

My Hero - Challenge YOUrself #74

Hello, everyone! Happy Friday to you! I hope that you have had a good week and are all ready for the weekend. I know I am.

It's time for a new challenge at Challenge YOUrself today. February's challenge is to be inspired by the song "Hero" by Mariah Carey. Here is a link to the video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IA3ZvCkRkQ&fbclid=IwAR3eGXANFDKc4y6y4pet7s0z52404shTxOtV2mxJr4580krFNug475GzPAE


This is a beautiful song and I had so many ideas for different layouts, but I decided to make a layout of me and Shane. Having severe autism is hard and some days are a struggle not only for Shane but for his loved ones that are around him. He has overcome so much and I am sure there will be more obstacles for him in the future, but all of us together will get through them all. 


I snapped this photo of us before we went to town to do some shopping. He really looks forward to and enjoys our trips - as long as he can get his regular things!

Almost everything on this layout, except for the enamel dots, phrase stickers, and alpha stickers, was in my February Great Stash Bash kit, which you can read about here. I do plan to journal directly on my layout but I need to get my thoughts in order and figure out exactly what I want to say.

Here are a couple of close-ups:




I did add some grey paint splatters around my layout, too.

Be sure to stop by Challenge YOUrself to see the wonderful layouts from the rest of the team. I would love to see your take on the challenge, too.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today. I hope you have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

  1. Love the colors! You are a great mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so amazing, Lori! So happy to have you on our design team!

    ReplyDelete