Sunday, February 16, 2020

LM #485 - Once Loved, Now Forgotten - Die Cuts

Hello, everyone! Good Sunday morning! I hope you are having a good weekend. It's been a nice and quiet weekend around here.

I finally had the chance to play along with today's challenge at Lasting Memories! The theme for February is "Once loved, now forgotten" and this week we are focusing on die cuts. Mainly die cuts that are made by you with a machine - Cuttlebug, Big Shot, Cameo, or Cricut - but if you don't have one of those you can use premade die cuts from a collection.

I pulled out some of my metal dies and put my Cuttlebug to use for a few different die cuts for my layout:


I am finally getting started on my 52 Favorites for 2020 Travelers Notebook. I have skipped right over Week 1 and made Week 2 - but hey, you go with what is inspiring you at the time, right?! I do plan to work some more in my TN's this week so I will be sure to get Week 1 done.

About this spread - it is very rare that Matthew and I ever get one on one time together - just the two of us - especially now that he is out on his own. A lot of times we are with the whole family or with Abby and Ada, so when he told me he needed to get some new clothes for his internship and asked if I would go shopping with him, I jumped at the chance! We had so much fun hanging out together and I will be making it a point to do this more often.

For this layout, I have used this month's sketch from TN Time With Lisa and Lori and I also used a tag, label, and heart for the Pick 3 part of my challenge. I didn't really intend to, it just worked out that way! Here's a look at the sketch:


I have used papers from my February Great Stash Bash kit which you can see here. That makes three layouts so far this month and we are barely halfway through! For the die cuts - I have used an arrow, star, tag, and speech bubble metal dies. I have not used these particular dies in a long time! Here are a couple of close-ups:




The only things not in my February Great Stash Bash kit were my alphas, the enamel stars, a label, and a camera sticker. Hopefully, you will be seeing a couple more projects with items from this kit this month.

Head on over to Lasting Memories to see how the rest of the design team took on this challenge. I hope you have some time to play along with us!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment