Saturday, February 15, 2020

Sketch N Scrap #195

Hello, everyone! Happy Saturday to you! Are you ready for the weekend because it is finally here! We don't have any plans at all and that means that I have a lot of time to scrap and stitch!

It is already the middle of February - spring will be here before we know it and I cannot wait! It also means we have a new sketch for you today at Sketch N Scrap. Here is the super fun sketch that Heather has created for us:


I just love that border that goes down the side of the layout - so many possibilities! Here is the layout that I created:


This photo of Ada has been floating around my desk for a long time! She looks so sweet sleeping in her car seat! My first thought was to use the photo and a couple of 3x4 cards in place of the smaller photos, but the ones I wanted to use looked a little too big and could not be cut down smaller and still look right, so I just went with the one photo and from there just did my own thing. I created a pretty big cluster under the photo and added an embellishment to the top right of the photo. 

I also flipped the sketch to work with my photo and the paper that I used. The patterned paper had the little cluster at the bottom already printed on it and I thought it would be perfect to serve as my title. I die cut several hearts in different sizes and layered them on top of one another for my border. 

 I used Simple Stories "Hello Baby" for this layout. I bought a good deal of it after Ada was born and hadn't used very much of it. The sticker sheet only had a couple of stickers missing so I used quite a few different stickers on this layout. 

Here are a couple of close-ups


This little prize ribbon piece was on one of the 3x4 cards that I was originally going to use. I fussy cut it out and used it as an embellishment.




I added foam tape to all of the smaller hearts that are layered on top of the larger ones for a bit of dimension. I finished it off by scattering some enamel hearts down my border and adding them to the cluster and ribbon embellishment, too. 

Now, head on over to Sketch N Scrap to see the beautiful layouts from the rest of the design team. I would love to see your take on the sketch, too!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!


3 comments:

  1. aawww....this is so precious, Lori! I love the border of hearts and great take on the SNS Sketch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your page! Everything about it is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a precious picture!! This layout is amazing, love your heart border!

    ReplyDelete