Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Sketch N Scrap Card Sketch #170

Hello, hello! Happy Hump Day! We are inching ever closer to the big Memorial Day holiday weekend here in the states and the unofficial kick-off to summer. I am going to be anxious to see how this summer goes. 

It's time for a new sketch at Sketch N Scrap today. Lisa has created a great sketch for us to work with and it is another one that I know I will be using again!


And here is my card:


I just recently got a few pieces of the Simple Stories Summer Farmhouse collection and couldn't wait to put it to use. These fun bright colors are just what I was needing to work with. We have been dealing with cool, cloudy, dreary days for over a week now and I needed something bright and sunny in my life! 

All of these papers are from the 6x8 paper pad and the sentiment piece is a 3x4 cut apart card that I cut down to about a 3x3 size. I tried adding some sort of embellishment to the lower left corner of that piece but with the cut apart card being a floral print everything just seemed to get lost on it, so I left it plain. I didn't really want to cover up those flowers anyway!

Be sure to stop by Sketch N Scrap to see the beautiful cards from the rest of the design team. We would love it if you played along with us!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Have a great day!



1 comment:

  1. This is a beautiful card! It just screams Summer with this lovely color combo!!

    ReplyDelete