Sunday, June 27, 2021

LM #554 - All About the Photos - Throwback Photo

Hello, hello! Happy Sunday to you! I hope that you are having a great weekend. I have had a fun weekend filled with a shopping trip with my daughter and granddaughter, then a day of scrapping, and today looks to be a nice relaxing day at home.

Today I am sharing a layout that I created for this week's challenge at Lasting Memories. The theme for this month has been "All About the Photos" and today's challenge is to use a throwback photo that is at least 10 years old. If you don't have an old photo, you can use a selfie.

Recently I found a folder of photos from when my oldest son was in kindergarten - 18 years ago! This is what I came up with: 


I just love this photo of Matthew and his best bud, Charlie. I don't know - or remember - any of the details from this day - just that they were blowing bubbles out on the playground. These two became fast friends in kindergarten and still good buddies - and roommates - today.

I used the masculine papers in my June - Lisa and Lori's Great Stash Bash kit - which you can see here. I managed to use all but one of the papers that I included in this "masculine" mini-kit. I did pull in a cut apart sheet and a few stickers from the Echo Park  - Little Dreamer - Boy collection.

I based my layout on this sketch from PageMaps from March 2021:


Here are a couple of close-ups:


All of the star stickers are from one of the sticker sheets that I included in my stash bash kit. The word stickers, 3x4 cards, and enamel dots are all from the Echo Park - Little Dreamer - Boy - collection. I thought this collection matched pretty well with the Crate Paper collection that I had included in my kit.




I love how this layout turned out and I am so happy to get a photo of "little" Matthew scrapped! It's always fun to look back at photos of the kiddos when they were little and see how they've grown.

Be sure to stop by the Lasting Memories blog to see how the rest of the design team took on this challenge. I hope you have some time to play along with us this week!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

1 comment: