Monday, June 21, 2021

The ScrapRoom June Shots of Life Kit - Week 10/2021

 Hello, everyone! I hope that your week is off to a good start.

Today I am sharing the layout that I created using the June portion of the Shots of Life Kit from The ScrapRoom. When I last checked this kit was still available. Here is a look at the May/June Shots of Life Kit:


Here is my layout:


For my layout, I have used a mix of the Vicki Boutin Color Study cut apart paper and Photo Play's Wicker Lane cut apart paper. I love the bright colors in both of these collections. Bright colors always make me happy and these cut apart papers were perfect for a busy week from earlier this year. 

Most of the Color Study cards are used as-is and the Wicker Lane cards I used mostly for matting my photos. I did pull in a few orange, pink, and blue scraps from my stash to bring more color to my spread. The alphas, label stamp, date stamp, lined journaling card, and some of the puffy hearts are all from my stash. 

Here's a closer look at the left side of the spread:


Here are a few close-ups:


For my title card, I used a piece of pink grid paper from my stash. I cut down the bright 'love' card slightly and added it to my title card. 

This week Matthew came over to pick up a piece of wall art he had ordered. We got it all framed and ready to be hung in his apartment. 


Ada had made the cutest little horse in class and Abby made sure to get a photo of her with it hanging on the wall outside of her classroom:


Shane was in need of a haircut so we made of it with shopping and lunch after his haircut.


I used my Exacto knife to cut around the clip part of the clipboard so I could slip the photo underneath it.

This week was Ada's book fair at school and she couldn't wait to show me her haul when she and Abby came over for supper. It looks like she will be busy! I wanted to bring a bit more pink to my spread, so I cut off the bottom part of the 'hello' card and added it to one of the pink cards. This also gave me a spot to add a bit of journaling about Ada's book fair haul.


This week I also snapped a photo of me and Scott on a "wild" Saturday night around. I was getting caught up on writing blog posts and he was working on building a stagecoach for his Johnny West collection. Pretty exciting stuff around here!

Here is a look at the right side of the spread:


And a few close-ups:


Ada lost another tooth. Abby said she had tried to get it to come out all weekend with no luck. Then on Monday morning, it came out while she was brushing her teeth!


On Saturday of this week Abby, Shawn, and Ada went car shopping and Abby bought her dream car - a 2021 Prius - which she named Patty! They came over in the evening to show it off to us. I will add a bit of hidden journaling behind the photo to tell the whole story. 


Our little dry creek is dry no more! After it completely drying up the week before we got so much rain that it was really running again. 


The top photo above is of Shane's stockpile of Super Mario sleep pants. I got him a pair for Christmas and he doesn't want to take them off! As soon as they are out of the wash, he wants them right back on. When you find something that a kiddo with autism loves - you try to make sure that if anything was to happen to that item, that you have something to replace it - so Abby and Shawn found a few extra pairs for us to have on hand. #BecauseAutism!

The bottom photo is of my bookshelf all filled up with my pretty albums. Just seeing them all lined up on the shelves makes me happy and I thought the 'live colorfully' card was quite fitting for it!

Be sure to stop by The ScrapRoom blog for more inspiration for the June kits.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Have a great day!







No comments:

Post a Comment