Saturday, June 19, 2021

World's Greatest Day - Sketch N Scrap

 Hello, everyone, and Happy Saturday! I hope your weekend is off to a good start. It looks like it's going to be a quiet day around here and I am hoping to spend some time in my scrap room creating. 

Today I am sharing a card that I created for the June Rewind Challenge on Sketch N Scrap's Facebook page. Since tomorrow is Father's Day, I decided to create a Father's Day card for my hubby using the sketch. Here's a look at the sketch:


This sketch has always been a favorite of mine! Here is what I came up with:


I have been doing a little more reorganizing in my scrap room thanks to the purchase of another bookshelf and a big desk/cabinet for more storage. I thought I was going to be moving my 6x6 paper pads but that didn't quite work out. I did go through and organize my 6x6 paper pads and found quite a few that were almost empty. I pulled those out and put them where they are easy to reach for - and hopefully - I will get them used up over the next couple of months.

For this card, I used an old 6x6 paper pad from Simple Stories called DIY Boutique. This paper pad is from 2014 and has a lot of really bright colors in it. I actually had 2 of these paper pads and out of a total of 48 sheets, I have 18 full sheets left and a few scraps.  I chose to go with a few of the black and white prints with a bit of orange for my card.

The sentiment is from an older Close To My Heart stamp set (C1542 - Perfect Fit - Dad) and it is my go-to stamp for cards for my hubby. I popped up the sentiment with a bit of foam tape for some dimension.

This card came together so quickly - which always happens when I have a great sketch to start with!

If you have a chance to play along with this sketch, be sure to head on over to the Sketch N Scrap Facebook page and share it with us!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a fantastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment