Tuesday, June 22, 2021

The ScrapRoom - Mixing the Kits - Smile

Hello, everyone! Welcome back to my blog! I am so happy that you have stopped by today! 

Today I am sharing the layout that I created for the "Mixing the Kits" post for The ScrapRoom blog. For my layout, I have used - the June portion of the Shots of Life kit, the Patterned Paper Add-on Kit, and the Embellishment kit:








All of these kits were still available the last time that I checked.

Here is my layout using all three of the above kits:


I absolutely love the My Minds Eye Gingham Foundry collection. The colors and patterns are so beautiful in this collection. I opted to use the more generic - more masculine - type papers and create a layout about my oldest son when he was three and a half years old. Just look at that sweet - powdered donut - smile!

The text on the background paper is the lyrics to the song 'What a Wonderful World' - which has special meaning to us. I did gut this paper so I could use the diamond pattern on the back to make my paper strips. I pulled several of the 3x4 journaling cards from the Shots of Life kit to serve as a frame, or mat, for my photo. 

Here are a couple of close-ups: 


I think the birds are so cute in this collection!


Be sure to stop by The ScrapRoom blog every day of the week for more design team inspiration using the June kits. 

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment