Sunday, June 13, 2021

TN Time With Lisa & Lori June Challenge

 Hello, everyone! Happy Sunday to you and thank you so much for visiting my blog today! I do hope that you are having a good weekend. Ours has been very full with lots of family time and fun. Today is looking to be a bit quieter - which is just what we need to finish off the weekend and get ready for the week ahead.

It is time for the June TN Time With Lisa & Lori Challenge. Here is how it works - this is a just-for-fun monthly challenge that starts on the 10th of each month and ends on the 9th of the following month at midnight CST. If you complete my random challenge for the month - link your TN, bullet journal, or planner spread below. If you complete just Lisa's sketch challenge, link up over on her blog - My Creative Endeavors. If you combine both challenges - be sure to link up on both Lisa's blog and here on my blog. Now, on to the challenge.

Here is my June challenge:


For June, my challenge is to use the color yellow on your spread - how much or how little is up to you - and to add a circle to your spread. This could be a punched/die cut circle, circle chipboard, a sticker, enamel dots, etc. 

Here is the fun sketch that Lisa has created for us:

This is the layout that I created:

Let me just start this by saying that the photo I chose to use for my spread was not the best to use once I edited the photo of my spread! Abby took this photo of Ada last summer on a bright sunny day. The original looks a little washed out at the top of the photo and no matter how much I try to edit it - I just can't get it right. It's such a good photo of Ada and in person, it really isn't as bad as what it looks like in the photo above. Here's a look at just the photo:


Not nearly as bad as the layout shows. Maybe one day I'll learn how to edit better!

Now, about the spread. I used papers from a couple of different Echo Park collections - Echo Park's #selfie collection, and Teen Spirit Girl collection. I thought the bokeh background paper looked like Ada's shirt and I tried to cut my paper where there was at least a little bit of yellow showing. To get a little more yellow on my spread, I matted my photo and journaling box with yellow,  I used my yellow acetate alphas from Elle's Studio, a chipboard sun, and puffy stickers and hearts.

The journaling reads - Abby and Shawn took Ada to Nathaniel Greene park for a fun carefree day before school started. With everything still being shut down due to the pandemic - it was somewhere they could go and still social distance. I love this photo of Ada. She looks so happy and ready to conquer the world. 

Here are a couple of close-ups:


I punched a couple of circles from one of the papers to create a few more circle embellishments, and I love these acetate alphas from Elle's Studio!


All of the embellishments came from Elle's Studio. They matched so well with the Echo Park papers. 






Be sure to stop by Lisa's blog to see her beautiful spread. I hope you have some time to play along with us this month!

Even though this is a just-for-fun challenge we do have a few rules:

1.Create a TRAVELER'S NOTEBOOK, PLANNER, OR BULLET JOURNAL spread based on the CHALLENGE THEME and/or our sketch. 
2.Create a new, not previously posted project.
3.You are welcome to combine with other challenges.
4.If you have a blog please include the challenge graphic & a link to our challenge in your post.
5.You can link to social media if you don't have a blog. If you show your project on Instagram, please make sure to use #TNtimewithLisaandLori 
6.You can submit multiple projects but they must be posted to InLinkz or social media separately.
7. Most importantly have FUN!

I would love to see your take on our challenge and to leave you some love so be sure to link up below if you play along!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Have a great day!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
>

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome Lori! I love that background paper with the circles it goes so well with your cute photo!! I think your pictures is fun, these more artistic photos with lots of sun or shadows always appeal to me!!

    ReplyDelete