Sunday, August 28, 2022

Heart's Quest Challenge Blog - Color Heart Dare #7 - Photo Inspiration

Hello, everyone! Happy Sunday to you! I hope that you are having a good weekend.   

Today I am sharing the project that I made for Heart's Quest Challenge Blog - Color Heart Dare #7  - which is a photo inspiration challenge - and you are to use 5 or more colored candy hearts on a banner or garland/string. Here is the inspiration photo:


And here is my project:


I created a traveler's notebook layout of Miss Ada. When I saw the inspiration photo, I knew I wanted to replicate the good old conversation hearts that are found around Valentine's Day, but I did not want to make a Valentine's Day layout. I decided to find photos of Ada from the last several months and play off of the "sweet" candy heart theme and title my layout She's So Sweet. 

I went through my scrap bin and pulled pink, purple, yellow, mint green, and orange scrap papers for my die-cut hearts. I typed up the phrases for my hearts on the computer (and I made sure the font was red) and then printed them out. I used a paper piercer to make holes in each heart to string the twine through for my banner. I added some low-profile foam dots under each heart for just a touch of dimension.

Here is a close-up of the banners:



Luckily, I had enough scraps to mat each of the photos in a different color. I am so happy that I got six photos on a traveler's notebook layout! I think that is the most that I have done on a traveler's notebook yet!

Head on over to Heart's Quest Challenge Blog to see how Dottie took on this challenge, too. I would love it if you played along with us! The deadline to enter this challenge is September 13th at 12:30 AM Central Time.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

1 comment: