Saturday, August 13, 2022

Sketch N Scrap's August Crop Challenge #3

Hello, hello! Happy Saturday to you! I hope your weekend is off to a good start. We have had a good day so far with running errands this morning, some yard work this afternoon, and I plan on doing a little scrapping and stitching this evening.

Today I am sharing the layout that I created for Sketch N Scrap's August Crop Challenge #3 - which is posted over in their private Facebook group - which you can find here. For this challenge, I chose Sketch #206 from August 1, 2020, for us to use to create our layouts. Here is a look at the sketch:


And this is my layout:


I used Echo Park's - My Favorite Summer - which I chose for my Collection Obsession for August. This is my second layout with this collection - so I am right on track for getting one project a week done. You can read all of the details about the collection obsession collaboration in the post here.

I chose to use one vertical photo instead of two horizontal photos on my layout. I need to get better at taking more horizontal photos - and more than just one of any occasion, too!

This photo is of Abby and Ada on a Wednesday evening when they came over for supper after school. They were both looking so cute, I couldn't resist snapping a photo of them. 

I added navy paint to the edges of my white cardstock to give it a border. I like to do that sometimes instead of matting the layout for something a bit different.


This collection is heavy on the summer theme - hence the name "My Favorite Summer" - so I had to go in search of some embellishments that would work for my springtime photo. I did use any general die cuts from the collection that I could, and then I added a few pieces of wood veneer, some punched hearts, a label, and a stamped image.


I made the title with a mix of foam alpha stickers and a script alpha metal die set from Echo Park (Alisha lowercase). I really like the mix of the two fonts. 

Why don't you play along with us and give this sketch a try? Head on over to Sketch N Scrap's Monthly Challenges Facebook group and join the fun!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Love the way you did the title! Beautiful page!

    ReplyDelete