Thursday, August 4, 2022

Summer Is My Favorite - Sketch N Scrap #254

Hello, everyone! Happy Thursday to you! We are getting ever-so-close to the weekend, and I am ready for it! It's looking to be another hot one and I know there will be some time spent in the pool.  

Today I am sharing the layout that I created for Sketch N Scrap's August 1st sketch. Here is a look at the  two-photo sketch that was created by me:


And this is my layout:


I took these photos of Miss Ada a couple of weeks ago when it was so hot. Who am I kidding? All of July was super hot and August is starting out with more of the same. I love summer but so many days around 100 degrees with high humidity...well, let's just say, I am looking forward to fall this year! 

Ada hasn't minded the heat at all when she comes over on Fridays - it just means that much more time for her to be in the pool!

For my layout, I have used my #collectionobsession kit - Echo Park's My Favorite Summer. This fun collection was perfect for these sweet photos of Ada and it is so fun to work with!

Here are a few close-ups:


I used one of the die-cut pieces from the tags and frames pack for my title. It says exactly what I am sure Ada is thinking! 

I've been trying to do a little more mixed media - I guess using a blending brush to add a bit of color around my layout could be considered mixed media... Anyway, I won a set of blending brushes from Scrapbook Generation when they had their iNSD crop and I've been wanting to get a little practice in with them. They are so easy - and fun - to use! I am sure I will be doing more with the brushes and I may even dust off my stencils and give them a try, too!

I digress. Let's get back to my layout! I added a bit of yellow ink in the three cluster areas on my layout. I didn't want anything too overwhelming and I think the little bit of ink just helps the title, the stickers, and the die-cuts in the clusters to stand out a bit. 


I added enamel dots to each of the cluster areas for a finishing touch.


I layered up the phrase stickers on top of the little banner stickers for another embellishment. I know the banners are supposed to be folded to make little flags, but they were also perfect as a base for the phrase stickers. 

That is it for today. I know we are only four days into the month but I am so happy to already have my first layout for the #collectionobsession done and I have a pocket page almost done using my August stash bash kit. I am off to a good start so far. Hopefully, I will keep that momentum going all month long!

Be sure to stop by Sketch N Scrap to see more inspiration using this sketch. I hope you get a chance to play along with us this month!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

1 comment: