Monday, August 15, 2022

TN Time With Lisa & Lori August Challenge

Hello, hello! Happy Monday to you! I hope that your week is off to a good start! 

It is time for TN Time With Lisa & Lori's August challenge! I love working in my TNs so you know this is one of my favorite challenges!

Here is how our challenge works - this is a just-for-fun monthly challenge that starts on the 10th of each month and ends on the 9th of the following month at midnight CST. If you complete my random challenge for the month - link your TN, bullet journal, or planner spread below. If you complete just Lisa's sketch challenge, link up over on her blog - My Creative Endeavors. If you combine both challenges - be sure to link up on both Lisa's blog and here on my blog.

Here is my August challenge to you:


Just add a bit of polka dot paper to your layout!

Here is the fun sketch that Lisa has created for us to use:


And here is my layout:


I am still working on Ada's school traveler's notebook - trying to get all caught up before the new school year gets too far in.  She starts 3rd grade in a week and a half and if I could be all caught up by the time she gets her 3rd-grade school photo back - then I will be a happy camper! 

I stayed pretty close to the sketch for this layout, only adding the phrase stickers to the top of the left page. I would have added those somewhere around the photo but since I created a flip-out to include another photo, I just couldn't make it work.

Here is a look at the flip-out:


I still need to add my journaling - it will probably repeat what is on the board she is holding with a few additional "favorites."

For this layout, I used Echo Park's - Play All Day - Girl - collection. I knew I wanted something with rainbows on it since her lunch box is a rainbow and the shirt she is wearing has rainbows on it. This collection had the perfect rainbow paper in it. I paired it with a pink polka dot paper from Simple Stories to satisfy my part of the challenge. 

Here are a couple of close-ups:





These pink Jane Tile Alphabet stickers from Elle's Studio are a perfect match! For the circular element, I die cut a pinked circle out of blue paper and layered a white circle on top. I added a few floral stickers to finish it off. 


I pulled out an old file folder tab metal die from Echo Park to make my tab. I don't use these dies very often and I don't know why - I always love the look of them.

I have skipped around quite a bit in this traveler's notebook. I still have eight layouts to do before I am completely caught up. When I printed these photos, I took the time to print off all of the photos that I need and rounded up the school (professional) photos so they are all ready to go when I get a chance to work on them. I already have two of the layouts planned out and papers pulled - I just need to work on them and get them done!

Now, head on over to Lisa's beautiful blog - My Creative Endeavors - to see her take on this month's challenge. We hope you have a chance to play along with us this month!

Even though this is a just-for-fun challenge we do have a few rules:

1. Create a TRAVELER'S NOTEBOOK, PLANNER, OR BULLET JOURNAL spread based on the CHALLENGE THEME and/or our sketch. 
2. Create a new, not previously posted project.
3. You are welcome to combine with other challenges.
4. If you have a blog please include the challenge graphic & a link to our challenge in your post.
5. You can link to social media if you don't have a blog. If you show your project on Instagram, please make sure to use #TNtimewithLisaandLori 
6. You can submit multiple projects but they must be posted to InLinkz or social media separately.
7. Most importantly have FUN!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

1 comment:

  1. This is just gorgeous Lori! Wow! Ada is growing up so fast!! I love the papers you used, that rainbow paper is one of my favorites!!

    ReplyDelete