Sunday, August 14, 2022

HQCB - Love Theme #6 - Shane's Angel - And An Announcement!

Hello, everyone! Happy Sunday to you! I hope you are having a good day!

I am so happy to be sharing some exciting news with you today! Becca from Heart's Quest Challenge Blog has asked me to be on her first design team! Of course, I said yes! So, I will be sharing projects with colored hearts for the Color Heart theme on the 14th of every month and the word 'love' for the Love theme on the 28th of every month. 


Today's challenge is Love Theme #6 and you are to use the word "Love" AND a cupid or angel on your project.

When I first saw this challenge I knew I wanted to tell the story of our angel Christmas tree topper, and so I have started yet another traveler's notebook! This one is going to be all about my favorite/special Christmas ornaments and decorations. Every year when we pull out our Christmas decorations, I always think that I would like to tell the stories of where some of them came from or why they are so special to me and this challenge gave me the push I needed to get it started.

Here is my layout:


Here's the story of our angel - Shane made this little toilet paper roll angel way back in 2005 when he was 5 years old and in his last year of preschool. He drew the face on a circle piece of paper - which was huge for him at the time. Those were the early years of autism and all of us trying to navigate it - and getting him to stay on task to complete this little angel craft was a very big deal!

Her wings are his hands that they traced and she did have the cutest star halo but that has fallen off over the years and is lost. I don't know how many more years this little angel will top our tree but I will enjoy every year that she does! 

Here are a couple of close-ups:


For the angel part of the challenge, I found this cute little angel puffy sticker in my December Daily supplies. She was the perfect embellishment for my layout. 


To satisfy the word "love" part of the challenge, I found a puffy sticker that says, "love this tradition." Shane doesn't always put the angel on top of the tree - sometimes he has no interest in decorating it all, so you better believe that I snap a photo of him placing her on the top every chance I get! I think this photo is of him from 2017.



I have added a hidden journaling block behind the photo on the left page. I still need to add my journaling to it but once it is done it will be tucked behind the photo.

Be sure to go check out Heart's Quest Challenge Blog. We would love it if you played along with us! Any type of paper craft project is accepted - a card, scrapbook layout, traveler's notebook layout, tag, bookmark, or ATC card is accepted. The deadline to enter Love Theme #6 is August 27th at 12:30 AM Central Time.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I will be back soon with another project to share with you!

2 comments:

  1. The perfect story to document! Love the angel you found!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful story captured in your new Christmas ornaments and decorations TN!!! The little puffy angel makes a great accent and the puffy heart with the sentiment strip is a terrific phrase using 'love'! Clever ways to include those elements! Thanks for a terrific Love Theme #6 for HQCB DT project!!!! --Becca

    ReplyDelete