Sunday, April 3, 2016

Lasting Memories #287

Hello everyone! Happy Sunday! I hope that you are having a good weekend. We are supposed to have sunny skies and temps in the low 70's today - you can't get much better than that!

It's the start of a new month and that means we have a brand new theme and set of challenges for you over at Lasting Memories! For the month of April our theme is - Musical Montage - and your need to base your layout on the era chosen for each week! For this first challenge it is The Disco Era!


What does the disco era mean to you? You can take inspiration from this photo, from a song, the fashion, anything to do with the disco era.

 I was born in the 70's, so I myself really didn't have a preference to any music, but with three older sisters, you better believe it was all about The Bee Gee's and Andy Gibb in our house! I immediately thought of their gold lamé outfits, and of course the disco ball reminds me of sequins, so I went with these photos of Ada from her birthday (in her gold lamé pants!) , and used some gold glitter tape and sequins to finish it off.


Since the photos I used were pretty busy, I decided to go with a more clean and simple layout. I tried adding in other colors, but nothing looked right, so I just stuck with the black, white, and gold color scheme.

Check out the Lasting Memories blog to see how the rest of the design team members were inspired by the disco era. I look forward to seeing your beautiful creations!

Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. WHAT A CUTIE WHO ROCKS THOSE GOLD PANTS!!! Clean & simple was the way to go and you nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love her gold pants! Such a fun layout and challenge! BL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet page. Loving all the gold. BL

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic layout Lori - I love simple. That heart is too die for Deb x (BL)

    ReplyDelete