Monday, April 11, 2016

Make It Monday #58 @ The Memory Nest

Hello everyone! Here we are at Monday again already! The long, busy days of spring are here and that makes time go so fast.

We have a new sketch posted at The Memory Nest today, and this sketch is courtesy of Katie.



I kind of struggled with this sketch at first. I'm not one to leave a lot of white space on a layout, but I kept looking at the sketch and the white space looked more and more like a large photo area, so that is what I went with. That's one of the many reasons why I love sketches - you can interpret them however you want and make them your own.

I enlarged this photo of Ada to an 8x10 and then cut it down a little more to give myself a little more room to work with. Sometimes I forget the impact a large photo can have. I just love the pinks and greens in this late summer photo, and it really makes me ready for our rose bush to start blooming.

Last summer Ada would walk up to the flowers, stick her nose down close to them, and say, "Mmm!". She always made time to stop and smell the roses - which made me slow down and smell them, too. I'll be anxious to see her reaction to them again this year.

Be sure to stop by The Memory Nest to see the projects from the rest of the team. I hope you play along with us!

Thanks for stopping by and I'll be back soon with another project!

6 comments:

  1. Love the large photo on here! great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your take on the sketch!! The large photo was such a great idea - plus it is darling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your working of this sketch Lori and the photo of the sweet Miss Ada! Both are so beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! LOVING that precious photo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that you used the large(adorable) photo in your take on this sketch! Glad to be on this team with you- nice page!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The photo is absolutely precious! I love how you enlarged it and used it as a focal point. Such a clever take on this sketch- your design is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete