Sunday, April 3, 2016

Use Your Stuff #217 - Tissue Paper

Hello everyone! Happy Monday! Today is going to be a busy day around here, so lets get started!

We have a new challenge posted for the week over at Use Your Stuff today. New DT member, Khristina, has challenged us to use tissue paper in our projects this week!

I had no idea how challenging this was going to be for me! I struggled with this big time! I originally thought - hey, tissue paper isn't too much different than crepe paper, maybe I'll make some embellishments! - did not work out at all! Tissue paper is much thinner than crepe paper! So, I went with my next plan and cut out some tissue paper circles to add to my card. Is it one of my favorite cards? No. Will I be using tissue paper again anytime soon in my crafty projects? Probably not! But, then again maybe I won't be happy until I make something with it that I like! I don't think it helped any that I kept adding sequins to it, either! Now it's a bit bling-y, but that's okay. You don't have to love every single creation!

Here is my card:

Maybe one of my little nieces will think it's great!

Be sure to stop by the Use Your Stuff blog to see some awesome creations using tissue paper. I look forward to seeing what you come up with for this challenge!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I will be back soon with another project for you!

3 comments:

  1. I love this card. It has lots of happy colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card. The tissue paper really adds punch. BL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually do love this card. Those tissue paper circles are great and the sequins top it off beautifully. Deb x (BL)

    ReplyDelete