Sunday, February 19, 2017

Lasting Memories #332 - Color/Photo Inspiration Challenge

Hello and Happy Sunday to you! I hope that you are having a fabulous weekend! We, once again, are experiencing unseasonably warm temperatures and I love it!

We have a new challenge for you today at Lasting Memories. I can't believe that this is our final challenge of the month! I know February is a short month, but wow, has it gone by fast! Anyway, our theme for February has been "All In The Name Of LOVE" and our final challenge of the month is a color/photo inspiration challenge. Use the photo below for inspiration for your layout.



I went with the black, white, and red colors, and I added in a few hearts, too!

For the top and bottom border pieces I had originally started with just plain white cardstock, and that was too plain for me, so I have a little stamp from Close To My Heart called "On The Plus Side" (M1135) and I stamped the top and bottom borders with it. I love the way it turned out and I know I will be using it again and again!

I also pulled out a bunch of my roller style stamps to stamp the random phrases on this layout. I used stamps from October Afternoon, Shimelle, Maggie Holmes, Dear Lizzy, and Close To My Heart. I love these little phrase stamps and need to make it a point to use them more often.

In our 100 Pattern Paper Facebook group I posted a challenge to go to your scrap bin and pull at least 5 scraps off of the top and use those scraps up in some projects. They don't have to all be used on one thing, but try to use them up before the end of the month. Here is a photo of the scraps that I pulled to get used up before the end of February:


I am happy to say that I used up all of the red chevron piece and most of the red cardstock. I think I had a piece that is about a 4x4 size left. I am always needing red cardstock, so I know it will get used up before the end of the month.

Be sure to stop by Lasting Memories to see the beautiful layouts from the rest of the design team. We hope to see you playing along with us! Our February challenges are due by February 24th, so time is running out!

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment