Monday, November 18, 2019

Family Fun - Counterfeit Kit Challenge - Challenge #2

Hello, everyone! Happy Monday to you! I hope that you are ready to tackle this new week!

It's time for the second challenge of the month at Counterfeit Kit Challenges. Here is what Lisa has to say about this challenge - "This month's inspiration kit features a paper design covered with pretty fairy light chains which is the paper that caught my attention in the first place. I love hanging fairy lights on the tree, around my balcony, and in the dark corners for the dark days of winter, and I adore featuring banners on my scrapbook pages. So...feature fairy lights or banners on your project."

When I put my kit together I included a paper from Crate Paper's 'Wonder' collection that had banners all over it. I knew I would be using it for this challenge! Here is what I came up with:


I started by cutting around the banners on my patterned paper. I liked that much better than a straight edge. I added a strip of solid teal paper between the banner paper and the background paper to give a bit of separation between the two busier patterns. I also added a strip of the teal paper at the bottom of my layout for a place for my title to rest instead of feeling like it was falling off the layout.

These family photos are from Easter 2013. We got lucky in that everyone was ready to take family photos and I took advantage of it! We were able to get in several fun poses that day before Shane was done with it all and these two photos were my favorites from the day. 

Here are a few close-ups:


I was able to use a couple of the forgeries I had made earlier in the month - the banner piece and this 'happy' circle that I absolutely love! It reminds me of the popular Rae Dunn font and I know I will be making up a whole page of different words to make a few more embellishments to have at the ready! I also added a cute little mint green bunny sticker to the cluster since it was Easter.



Looking at the title now I wish I would have moved the word 'family' up and overlapping the photo on the right side just a bit and then nestled the word 'fun' between the loops of the f and y...I would consider changing it, but seeing as how I tore a couple of the letters when I took them off of the backing, I think I will just leave it as it is! The title words are the only things that were not included in my kit. 


I found this wood veneer piece in one of my die cut boxes in my kit and used it as a way to add some hidden journaling. 

Head on over to Counterfeit Kit Challenges to see how the rest of the design team took on this challenge. Be sure to share with us if you play along!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I will be back soon with another project to share with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment