Thursday, November 21, 2019

Just Plain Wonderful - Scrap Our Stash Pick Your Side Challenge

Hello, everyone! Happy Thursday to you! 

Today I am sharing my take on this month's Scrap Our Stash Pick Your Side Sketch Challenge. For this challenge, you are to pick either the left side of the sketch or the right side of the sketch to base your layout on. Along with the sketch challenge you are to use a scalloped edge embellishment on your layout - this can be a scalloped circle, border, tag, journaling card, etc.  Here's a look at this month's sketch:


For my layout, I have chosen the right side of the sketch, added a scalloped edge to my photo mats, and added a few scalloped circle embellishments.


I've had these photos of Ada out on my desk for a while and I am happy to get them scrapped! I wanted to keep with the coral/pink tones of her outfit and found this pink and white paper from Echo Park and the heart paper from Simple Stories and thought they worked well with each other. 

I changed up a couple of things from the sketch - I widened the piece of patterned and moved it in from the edge of the sketch and I left off the half-circle piece, tags, and banner pieces. I tried adding the half-circle but I just didn't like it and with having the scalloped edge on my photo mat, there really wasn't a place for the banner pieces. And the tags...I completely forgot I was going to add them until after I had already glued down my title. I do plan on adding a few lines of journaling under the right photo - even if it's just the date and Ada's age, etc. 

Here are a couple of close-ups:




I really love making these multi-layered embellishments! If you don't mind a lot of bulk, adding in some foam tape between each layer is really cute, too, but I just left this one flat - I just added foam tape to the bottom layer to attach it to my layout.

Be sure to stop by Scrap Our Stash to see how the rest of the design team took on this challenge. I hope you find some time to play along with us this month!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet page, Lori. The papers and embellishments are really cute. They work well for a little girl layout. I also enjoy reading how you went about interpreting the sketch, and making changes to fit your style. TFS.

    ReplyDelete