Friday, November 1, 2019

Counterfeit Kit Challenge November Kit Reveal and Blog Hop

Hello, everyone! Happy November to you all! I can't believe that we are already so close to the end of the year. I thought as I grew older - and my kids grew older - that time would seem to slow down, but I think, if anything, it is going even faster!

It is time for our final inspiration kit reveals of 2019 at Counterfeit Kit Challenge. Master Forger Lisa has chosen our inspiration kit and it is a fun one! She has chosen a kit from a Dutch online shop called Scrapdelight Scrapbookwinkel. She was inspired by the beautiful colors and paper designs - which seem to be wintry and seasonal without being all about snow and Christmas. Here's a look at the kit:




Here is my kit - Wishing For Winter and More:


Now, when I first saw the inspiration kit I fell in love with the colors - pink, gold, grey - or maybe it's a blue - it depends on which computer - my desktop or my laptop - that I am looking at! When I saw the snowflake die cuts and the cute little coffee cup it made me think of the Snow and Cocoa collection from Crate Paper. I knew I had the 6x6 paper pad and that is where my kit started. Once I pulled the Snow and Cocoa paper pad I didn't really look at the inspiration kit again - I just went my own way! My kit turned out a little brighter and with a little more minty/aqua/teal greens in it, but I think you can see how the inspiration kit inspired me!

Since I only had the 6x6 paper pad to start with, I knew I needed to check out my 12x12 papers to see what would match it. I found the Simple Stories Freezin' Season collection in my stash that I had only used a couple of sheets from. It was the same color palette as Snow and Cocoa so it was definitely going in my kit! Here are my 12x12 papers:


I know I will not be wanting to scrap all snow pages - for one thing - I don't have that many snow photos left to scrap - so I pulled some basic patterns to round out my kit. I have papers from Echo Park, Fancy Pants, Crate Paper, Basic Grey, Pink Paislee, American Crafts, and The Paper Studio here.

Here is what I have from Snow and Cocoa:


Simple Stories "Freezin' Season" stickers, cut aparts, and scraps:


 I don't really know what I want to scrap over the next couple of months so I went a little crazy in the embellishments department and pulled a little bit of everything in gold, pinks, mint greens, grey, etc. that I could find:


I also pulled a couple of sticker sheets and my sticker books. Not everything will match but it's giving me a great variety with what will!


Lately, I have been adding at least one stamp set to my kit, mostly to remind me to use them, so I not only added a couple of sets from Elle's Studio for the labels and phrases but I also pulled an old set from Close To My Heart. The little half-circle stamps on it match a paper in the Snow and Cocoa paper pad perfectly. I also added in a few dies to maybe "forge" a couple of items:


I didn't pull a lot of alphas but I think these will work nicely with my papers:


And my die-cut boxes are making an appearance again, as well! There are lots of pinks and greens in here so surely I can get some of them used up!


Last, but not least, is my paper add-on. I've already pulled them, I might as well leave them out for a while! 


Plenty of pretty paper to keep me busy until we have a new inspiration kit in the new year!

And, that is my kit to finish out the year! Be sure to hop along with us and visit all of the design team's blogs to see their beautiful kits. Here is the complete blog hop list:

Counterfeit Kit Challenge - http://counterfeitkitchallenge.blogspot.com

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a fantastic day!

7 comments:

  1. Another big kit but I love the spin you put on it. The pretty pinks and aquas will be great for your winter photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful kit. Love that you started with a 6x6 paper pad. Have fun crafting
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
  3. IT's funny that you brought in the Freezin' Season collection to match your Snow and cocoa papers because every time I see them in the shops, I get them confused! They really are similar and a perfect choice to put together. Another great example of how a couple of sheets of the original inspired a few base sheets in your own kit, which took it in a fresh direction - which I love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fun kit, and I'm loving that huge collection of embellishments. I like that you have included dies as well, so I'll be back to see how you work with those. Dies is an area I need to dig into and use.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your papers rock! Loving your colors! You have a great choice of embellishments this month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So far you have the largest kit of all from the Master Forgers that I've seen on the blog hop (with just Tina's left for me to see)!!! Best wishes for some wonderful scrapping creativity days using this copy-cat kit!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome looking kit Lori :) I love the combination of the 2 winter collections together and that you went with a 6x6 paper pad to get you started :)

    ReplyDelete