Monday, November 4, 2019

Forgery on the Fourth - Counterfeit Kit Challenge



Hello, everyone! Happy Monday to you! I hope that you are ready to get this new week started.

It is the 4th of November and that means it is time for Forgery on the Fourth at Counterfeit Kit Challenges.  Today I am sharing a few quick and easy forgeries that I made based on a few of the items I saw in the inspiration kit. These did not take long at all to make - maybe about a half an hour - and I now have a few little embellishments ready to go when I sit down to scrap.

Here's a reminder of our beautiful inspiration kit:


All that I used for these forgeries were my computer and a few dies, but most of the items I created can easily be made with just a trimmer or scissors:


One of the items in the inspiration kit that caught my eye was a sheet of word/phrase stickers in a variety of colors. I found a font that I liked and that I thought resembled the one on the stickers and printed out a sheet of my own. I also really liked the circle embellishments with the single word on them that is in the inspiration kit. I haven't added a mat to mine yet, I figured that I could match it to my layout when I was ready to use them. Here is a close-up of the words and phrases:


I used two of the banner dies, the tag die, and the coffee cup die that I included in my kit to make a few more embellishments. The banners and tags could easily be made with a trimmer and some scissors. 

A few quick and easy embellishments all ready to go! 

Head on over to Counterfeit Kit Challenges to see the fabulous forgeries from the rest of the design team. 

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

5 comments:

  1. Lori those coffee cups are so adorable. I love doing the word phrases on the computer also.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought about the word phrases and ran out of time but yours are just so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great copy cats for your November CKC kit, Lori!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these, especially the circles. Do you remember the name of the font you used? Sometimes the easiest things like printing on your printer we forget about. I've been without a printer for a while but just got a new one. I need to set it up and print myself some words and phrases!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Tish! The font that I used for the circle embellishments is a free font - Penelope Anne. I had to make it bold and use a pretty large font size to get the size that I wanted, but I love the way they turned out! Thanks so much for the comment!

      Delete