Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Mixing Up The Kits With The ScrapRoom

Hello, hello! Happy Tuesday to you! Hubby had the day off yesterday and I am trying to get back into the routine of things today. 

Today I am up on The ScrapRoom blog for the 'Mixing up the Kits' segment this month. The ScrapRoom offers a lot of great add-on kits each month that coordinate with their main kits. 

Here is a look at the patterned paper add-on kit, the embellishment kit, and the shots of life kit:

Patterned Paper Add-on Kit

Embellishment Add-on Kit

Nov/Dec Shots of Life Kit


For today's layout, I have used bits and pieces from the patterned paper add-on kit, the embellishment add-on kit, and the Shots of Life Kit.  


I loved the mix of papers that came in the patterned paper add-on kit. I could have easily used a piece of every single paper on my layout but I stuck with the Simple Stories and Fancy Pants papers - and I used a border strip from Carta Bella as my title. I used the Simple Stories Bits and Pieces, Fancy Pants Cork pieces, and the Carta Bella Chipboard stickers in each of my embellishment clusters. I added a sprinkling of enamel dots from my Shots of Life kit to finish it off.

This photo is from 2009...I think. It was one of the only times that all of the grandkids and great-grandkids (at least those that were born at the time!) were all together and we made sure to get a picture of them with my Mom and Dad - or Granny and LB as most of the grands called them.

Here are a few close-ups:


I love all of the die cuts from Simple Stories that I received in the embellishment add-on kit. Those pretty little flowers paired with the cork pieces and chipboard stickers made for some pretty embellishment clusters.



I love how this layout turned out - but then it's easy to make a great layout when you're working with great products!

Head on over to The ScrapRoom blog any day of the week to see what the rest of the design team is creating with this month's kits. 

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment