Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #392

 Happy Tuesday! I am so happy that you have stopped by today. I hope your week is off to a good start. It has been cold and rainy for the last couple of days and that lets me know that I am not quite ready for winter yet! I mean 34 degrees for a high temperature is kinda crazy for this time of year.

Anyway, the cooler weather has me in the mood to work on my Christmas cards, and I used this week's sketch from Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge for my card today. Here's a look at the sketch:


I just have to say that I love this sketch! There are so many ways that I could go with it and it is going into my favorites folder and will be used again soon! This is what I came up with:


I think this is my favorite so far out of the Christmas cards that I have made recently! I cut my front panel about 1/8th of an inch smaller than my card base so it was just slightly smaller. I outlined that piece with a marker and then ran it through my Cuttlebug with a houndstooth embossing folder. The papers for this card are from the "Merry Little Christmas" 6x6 paper pad from Pebbles. Actually, the striped paper and the "Merry Christmas" sentiment are from the tear-away strips from the paper pad - a great way to use those up without cutting into a full sheet of paper. 

I added in 3 black gems and this card was done! I love how it turned out - and it was so quick and easy!

Be sure to check out the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge blog. Tomorrow will be the full design team reveal and last weeks Top 3 will be posted, as well.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

2 comments: