Sunday, October 4, 2020

The Studio Challenges - Sketch Challenge

 Hello and Happy Sunday! It's time for a new challenge at The Studio Challenges and it's one of my favorites - a sketch challenge!

Here is the fun sketch that Anna has created:


This sketch is based on this layout by DT member Helen. Helen has had to step down from the design team so this sketch is in honor of her.

This is what I came up with:


For this layout, I used the Simple Stories Kate & Ash collection - and I even managed to use washi tape! When I bought this collection I got the essentials kit that includes a roll of washi, so I decided instead of immediately throwing it in my washi basket that I would challenge myself to use it on my layout. It was perfect for the strips at the top and bottom of the layout. 

I cut the strips for my layout a little wider than is shown on the sketch and I only included 4 instead of the 5 that is on the sketch. I also changed things up a bit by including 2 - 3x4 photos instead of 1 - 4x6. 

The photos of Miss Ada are not the best quality but I couldn't resist scrapping them anyway. She always starts out with the cheesy grin and poses when I start to take her picture but if I'm patient, and just keep clicking away, I can generally get a good one! 

Here are a couple of close-ups:



This is such a fun girl collection to work with!

Head on over to The Studio Challenges to see the beautiful layouts from the rest of the design team. I hope you have a chance to play along with us for this challenge!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

2 comments: