Sunday, October 18, 2020

Counterfeit Kit Challenge #2 - Trick or Treat

Hello, everyone! Happy Sunday to you! I hope you are having a good weekend. Mine has been very busy and very full - of all good things! I love it when I can spend some quality time with my girls, and that is just what happened yesterday. I think it was just what I was needing.

It's time for the second challenge of the month at Counterfeit Kit Challenge today. Master Forger Tracey has given us a fun "Trick or Treat" challenge. Since Halloween falls in October, you need to take three turns and pick either three tricks from the list below - something that's a little tricky to use - or three treats - something that you love to use. You can combine the tricks and the treats, but you must pick five items from the lists below and add it to your layout. Here is the list:

Tricks

hand stitching
eyelets
glitter
fringing
mixed media
doodling
rubons

Treats

flowers
enamel dots
 rainbows
stencils 
stripes
hearts
woodgrain

For my layout, I chose to go with "treats" and I used enamel dots, rainbows, stripes, and hearts.


I used the Pebbles - Live Life Happy papers that I included in my kit for this month. The only papers that weren't in my kit were the blue paper with the unicorn/rainbows/clouds on it, and the yellow paper, everything else was in my kit. 

I based my layout on this sketch that is for Day 9 of 30 Days of Sketches with Christy's Beautiful Life. You can find out more information about this on Christy's Youtube channel here.


I loved that with this sketch you can incorporate so many different patterned papers or project life cards on a layout.

Here are a couple of close-ups:



I tried to add some splatters...didn't turn out like I had hoped...I should have done some stamping like I had originally planned...but it is done now and I am just going to embrace it and move on! 

Head on over to Counterfeit Kit Challenge to see how the rest of the design team took on this fun challenge. Which will you pick? I hope you play along!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I will be back soon with another project to share with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment