Thursday, July 12, 2018

Counterfeit Kit Challenge - Forget Me Not

Hello, everyone! Happy Thursday to you!

The Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog has the first challenge of July up today. July is my month to pick the inspiration kit and to set the challenges and our first challenge is - Forget Me Not.

We all have them - those tools and embellishments that we just had to have and now they are pushed to the side, hidden in a drawer somewhere collecting dust - maybe even replaced by something shiny and new. I want you to pull out those unused items and put them to use! Grab those punches, brads, buttons, ribbon, rub ons, die cuts...whatever you have that you haven't used in a while and use them on a project.

For my layout, I pulled out my old paper crimper, that I had to have when I first started scrapping 20 years ago, and that hasn't seen the light of day in probably 5 years! It still works like a dream!


Here is the layout that I have created - using some of the fun red, white, and blue Fancy Pants papers from my July kit:


These are photos of Miss Ada on the Fourth of July dancing on the pool deck. She was dancing her heart out to  Miley Cyrus' - Party in the USA - song, and let me tell you, she has some moves! She is just too cute!

Here is a close-up of the crimped stars. After I put them through the crimper I inked the edges and the raised areas on the star to help it show up a bit better. Along with my crimper, I opted to use red gems in place of enamel dots, and I pulled out a label punch for my journaling - something else that hasn't been used nearly enough.





I based my layout on this PageMaps sketch from this month:


Head on over to Counterfeit Kits Challenge to see what forgotten items the rest of the design team used. We would love for you to play along with us!

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. Great layout! Looks like she was "getting down"! I may have had a crimper, but got rid of it..lol! Great challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That crimping tool looks like a fabulous tool. The stars have wonderful dimension to them. Adorable layout!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! A paper crimper! I've never used one but I remember seeing a lot of it around when I first started! It's perfect for the stars and shows us how modern this effect can be. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete