Sunday, July 1, 2018

Counterfeit Kit July Kit Reveal and Blog Hop

Hello, everyone! Happy July 1st to you all. I can't believe that 2018 is already halfway over. I kind of thought that the older I get that maybe time would seem to slow down but that has not been the case. Each year seems to go just as fast if not faster than the last one.

The July inspiration kit is being revealed today at Counterfeit Kit Challenge. I am the host for July and I picked the June 2018 kits from The ScrapRoom. When I was looking for an inspiration kit, I knew I wanted it to be filled with lots of summertime goodness, and you get all of that with these kits. Here is a look at the June kits and I hope they bring you lots of inspiration to counterfeit your own kit.

June 2018 Flavors of the Month

June 2018 Doubleshot Kit

June 2018 Embellishment Kit

June 2018 Shots of Life Kit

June 2018 Paper Add-on
So, there is a lot to choose from here! I decided to take a page out of The ScrapRoom's book and create a few different (smaller?) kits to get me through the summer. My kits here lately have had a lot of pinks and greens in them and I was ready for a change, so I decided to draw inspiration from the Bella Blvd and Fancy Pants papers in the Flavors of the Month kit, and the BoBunny papers in the Doubleshot kit. Here is a look at my kits:



I have a lot of photos of the boys when they were little - and even from now -that I still want to scrap. When I saw the Bella Blvd - Dad's Style - I knew I didn't have anything that matched it, but I was inspired to pull out a couple of "boy" lines - Carta Bella's - "Boy Oh Boy" and Echo Park's - "Brothers". I don't have any of the embellishments for either of these collections - in fact, I think I picked up the "Boy Oh Boy" papers when my local scrapbook store had them on clearance, but I did pull some washi tape and brads from another Echo Park line that I will be able to use a few from. Otherwise, I will be making my embellishments to go with the papers.

My second kit is based off the BoBunny "Early Bird" papers in the Doubleshot kit:


I thought the floral paper in the Simple Stories "Life In Color" collection resembled it quite a bit. I pulled the floral, a pink, a stripe, and a teal - all from the "Life In Color" collection, and the yellow dot is from Fancy Pant's - "Joy Ride" collection. I then added the clear stickers, chipboard stickers, ephemera pack, chipboard frames, decorative clips, and brads from the "Life In Color" collection (can you tell I really loved this collection?!), and the stickers from the Crate Paper Poolside collection.  I also added some doilies and more washi tape.

My third and fourth collections are based off the Fancy Pants - Poolside - collection in the Flavors of the Month kit: 


I loved the red, navy, and yellow in the Poolside collection and I remembered I had quite a bit of the Fancy Pants - "Down by the Shore" collection (from 2012) that had those same colors in it, so I went to work pulling it out of my stash. I had gotten some of the papers, the decorative clips, the pennants, the rub-ons, and the alpha sheet in a warehouse box a long time ago. I don't know how many of the rub-ons I will be able to use, but should be able to use the words and some of the images if they are still any good!

The solid red is from Fancy Pants' - "Sweet Nothings" - collection and the red diagonal stripe is from Carta Bella's - "It's a Celebration" - collection. I added in a few doilies and the washi tape.

I also came across this older Simple Stories ( 2012) "Summer Fresh" collection that had the same colors in it and I only have a little bit of it left, so I went ahead and pulled it to get it used up!


Also, in this 4th kit, I have some Simple Stories -  "Under the Stars" - papers. They are a good match to the other papers and I only have three sheets of it, so here's to using it up!

The sticker sheet to the "Summer Fresh" collection is long gone, but I have some of the journaling cards and I pulled more washi and doilies to go in this kit. I also found a Fancy Pants alpha that is a good match.

Phew! There you have it - my mega summer kit(s), but the good thing is I already have several pages planned out using these kits and I can't wait to play with it. I am hoping to "kill" this kit pretty easily!

Here is the complete blog hop list. Be sure to stop by each of the design team members blogs to see their kits!

Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog - http://counterfeitkitchallenge.blogspot.com/
Guest Designer - Sandy - https://itsafamilyaffairwithscrappynana.blogspot.com/
Cindy - https://cindyscreations-cinmfoster.blogspot.com
Julene - https://julenebydesign.blogspot.com/
Leslie - https://lcsmithsaved-outofthemire.blogspot.com/
Lori - https://loriannie670.blogspot.com
Tina - https://tinasscrapcorner.blogspot.com/
Laura - https://instagram.com/mrsp_scrapsandtea/

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I will be back soon with another project to share with you!





10 comments:

  1. Your kits all look fabulous. I think I like the 2nd one best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous kits Lori...I can't wait to see your creations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mega bunch of goodness, and perfect for summer scrapping! Nice job this month - thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you have pulled these - they are 4 kits yet I can see them all thrown together on your desk as they coordinate beautifully. Well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful kits, love all the bits and pieces.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic kits Lori :) Love that you pulled out some really older stash too :) I look forward to seeing what you create with it and killing the kit too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love that you went to the vintage stash to get it used! Mega kits are the bomb!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful kit! I need to do this to get some more of my papers used up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. As you can see, I've worked back from the end of the month to here - how much of your kit/s did you manage to use up!?! I am impressed by how many of you have made multiple kits and each one very much inspired by the original and yet, individual at the same time! These are all lovely kits and good idea to have some idea of some layouts to kick off the process

    ReplyDelete