Sunday, March 8, 2020

Hello Handsome - The Studio Challenges - Grid

Hello, everyone! Good Sunday morning to you! I hope that you are having a good weekend.

It is time for a new challenge at The Studio Challenges today. This week we are challenging you to create a layout with a grid design. I don't do grid layouts very often - probably because I never seem to get things straight - but I do love the look of them. Here is what I came up with:


For my layout, I used my 3-inch square metal die to make sure I got straight cuts every time! I inked all of the edges with black soot distressing ink and then once they were glued to the paper I distressed the edges even more by running my fingernail along the edge and kind of folding them up a bit. 

I had a lot of empty space in the photo and instead of adding my title to the side of it, I decided to add it directly to my photo and I love it! 

I used the scraps that I had in my February Stash Bash kit - which you can see here. I know we are in March and I have a new stash kit just waiting to be used, but I could not resist these scraps! And hey, I love that my February kit is still inspiring me! 

Here is a close-up:


Be sure to check out The Studio Challenges blog to see the beautiful grid layouts from the rest of the design team. I hope you have some time to play along with us!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today. I will be back soon with another project to share with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment