Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Week 16/2019 The ScrapRoom Shots of Life Kit

Hello, everyone! Happy St. Patrick's Day to you! I do hope that you are having a good week.

Today I am on The ScrapRoom's blog sharing my Project Life pages that I created with the March portion of the Mar/April Shots of Life kit. This kit is perfect for documenting some springtime fun. Here is a look at the kit:

 

I am documenting my Week 16 of 2019 - which was Easter week. I have a ton of Easter photos and those photos will get their own double page spread a little later on. This spread is full of all the things leading up to Easter last year. 

I think I managed to use every one of the cut apart sheets somewhere on my spread! The colors from all the different collections just worked so well together. The only things I used that were not in the kit were some stamps, puffy heart stickers, and white cardstock.

Here's a look at my complete spread:


This week was a pretty full week for us - no really big happenings other than Ada's kindergarten screening - just the ordinary, everyday things.

Here's the left-hand side of the spread:


I loved the rainbow card that was on the Photo Play cut apart sheet and I knew I would be using it for my title card. I stamped the Week 16 using a stamp set from Elle's Studio and added a couple of puffy hearts. 

This side is filled with photos of the outdoors - our kildeer's eggs, our pear tree in bloom, and some of our flowers. Ada and I had to get ready for spring with freshly painted toes! 

Here's a look at the right-hand side of the spread:


This side of the spread focuses on Ada's kindergarten screening and a Saturday family get together. 

Abby called the morning of Ada's screening all worried because she had forgotten to practice cutting with scissors with Ada for her screening. Pops to the rescue! He helped Ada practice while Shane and I headed to do some grocery shopping. You can see her hard work in the photo in the upper left corner. Turns out Abby had nothing to worry about - Ada can use scissors like a boss AND they didn't even test her on that after all! Ada scored very well and is all ready for kindergarten!

I really wanted to use that "hanging with my gnomies" card but needed to create a flip card to also fit in the photo that goes with it. You can see that in the photo below.


I used some more stamps to create a journaling card to tell about Ada's obsession with playing one of Pops' video games - Red Dead Redemption 2. She doesn't play it the way it is meant to be played - she just rides the horse around the countryside. She does a really good job until she runs into a bear or a "bad guy" then she is ready to turn over the controls to someone else!


Another week for 2019 is in the books! I am so happy to be getting these spreads done!

Be sure to check out The ScrapRoom to see all of the kits they are offering for March, and be sure to check out The ScrapRoom Blog for more inspiration using this month's kits.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment