Sunday, March 1, 2020

Sketch N Scrap #196

Hello, everyone! Happy March 1st! I always love it when March rolls around because we seem to have more warm days than we do cold days, and boy, am I ready for some warm sunny days!

It's the first day of a new month and it is going to be busy around here on the old blog today so let's get started!

Sketch N Scrap has a great new sketch to kick off the month today. Lisa has created a great 2-photo sketch, but of course, you can change it up like I did and just use one photo.


Here is the layout I created based on the sketch:


I had taken this photo of Ada back in January when she and Abby had stayed over for supper. She was just looking too cute - even with her scraped up chin - thanks to a fall on the playground! I do need to go back and at least add the date to the layout and I may do a bit of journaling...I just haven't decided yet. 

I stayed true to the sketch on this layout - only changing up using one 4x6 photo in place of the two smaller photos. I added the piece of green paper, but now I'm thinking maybe I should have used another piece of the mulberry colored paper. Does the green throw everything off? Hhmmm...I will think about it!

Everything on this layout came from my February Counterfeit Kit which you can see here. I didn't get a chance to use my kit nearly as much as I wanted to, so I am going to keep it out and see if I can use some more of it this month.

Here are a couple of close-ups. I just love these little fabric flowers!



Be sure to stop by Sketch N Scrap to see the beautiful layouts from the rest of the design team. I hope you're able to play along with us this month!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I will be right back with my Counterfeit Kit Reveal for March!


1 comment:

  1. This is so lovely Lori!! I think the green is perfect, draws your eye back to the adorable photo of Miss Ada!!

    ReplyDelete