Saturday, September 15, 2018

Birthday Girl - Sketch N Scrap #161

Hello, hello! Good Saturday morning to you! I can't believe that it is the middle of the month already. We've got a busy day today with a birthday party for our daughter and son-in-law - their birthdays are only 11 days apart. I'm sure it will be a day full of fun memories.

Sketch N Scrap has the second layout sketch of the month posted today. Heather has created this fun sketch - full of something I love - circles!



Abby had taken these photos on Ada's actual birthday. Along with her presents she had her very own jumbo cupcake!

This layout is going to be the left side of a double page spread - at least that is my plan. I have a few photos of Ada playing with her presents but they are filled with reds and blues, so if I can get these papers to work with those photos it will be a double page spread!

I used papers from Pink Paislee - Hello Sunshine - with the exception of the pink diagonal stripe - it is from Simple Stories - Sunshine and Happiness. 

I went a little crazy with the circles but they are a favorite of mine! I also added in a few enamel dots and then I punched some tiny stars to add around the circles, as well. I kept up the circle theme with my title - using Doodlebug's Teensy Type alphas for "birthday". I then used Close To My Hearts - Block letter dies for the rest of my title.

Not a single birthday paper or embellishment on this layout and I love it!

Head on over to Sketch N Scrap to see the beautiful layouts from the rest of the design team. We would love to see your take on the sketch, too.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I will be back a little later with another project to share with you.

1 comment:

  1. This is so amazing Lori! I love all your circles! That Doodlebug alpha is one of my favs but I don't have much of mine left and I think they don't make it anymore...so of course I am hoarding what's left lol! Have a fun day with your family!!

    ReplyDelete