Thursday, September 27, 2018

A Work Of Heart - Scrap Our Stash Blend - A - Sketch

Hello and Happy Thursday! I hope you are having a good week!

Today is my day to share my take on the September Build a Sketch challenge at Scrap Our Stash. Here is a look at the sketches we are to blend - and along with blending the sketches we are to use buttons or flair on our layout:


Here is what I came up with:


For my layout, I used the background and photo placement of the sketch on the left and the title and embellishment placement from the sketch on the right. Can you spot my buttons? 

I finally got a chance to work with the Simple Stories - Dream Big - collection! I knew when I first saw this collection that I "needed" it for photos of Ada! Every single piece of this collection fits her so well!

About this layout - I had forgotten to pick up wrapping paper for Scott's birthday and even though I had some paper, I did not have enough to wrap all of  his presents. Abby and Ada were down for the occasion so I asked Ada if she wanted to make Pops' wrapping paper. We grabbed a couple of brown paper bags and she went to work drawing him a work of art - or work of heart - as I have the layout titled. Of course, Pops loved the wrapping paper and he was very careful not to rip it when he opened his presents so he could save it. 

Here is a look at one of the clusters - and there are 3 of my buttons! I added some old Making Memories flower buttons that I have had for a good 12 - 14 years!


I backed the layout with a thin border of black cardstock and added a strip across the middle where the papers meet.  I thought I needed to bring in a bit more black, so I added some black letter stickers to my title and then punched a few black circles to scatter around my clusters. 

Here is a look at the top cluster - and 2 more flower buttons! I wish I could say that I about used those flower buttons up, but I still have several in other colors to use! Maybe one of these days...


I do plan on adding my some journaling - either directly below the photo/title block or on a tag to be added in the upper cluster. 

Head on over to Scrap Our Stash for design team inspiration every day of the week! We would love to see your take on the challenge, too!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. This is a cool concept! Didn't know there was a blend or fusion of 2 layouts being done anywhere!! Your blend is terrific, Lori! Right away I noticed the floral cluster in same location and a butterfly in the opposite direction of the cluster. And then the adorable trio line-up of photos is the focal! Super great!

    ReplyDelete