Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Southern Girls Challenge - Tag You're It!


Hello, everyone! I am back to share some exciting news and another project with you this afternoon. I am now a member of the Southern Girls Challenge Design Team - Team Lou! Southern Girls Challenge is a great challenge blog based out of New Zealand. The challenges are posted fortnightly on a Thursday and end on Tuesday of the second week. With the time difference between New Zealand and the US, my projects will be posted on Wednesday afternoon. Since I am on Team Lou, I will be working with the first challenge each month.

The first challenge for September is - Tags! This can be a stand-alone tag or a tag on your project.

I have created a layout and I have used a total of four tags:


For my layout, I have used an older piece of patterned paper from Close To My Heart. I actually bought the bulk pack of this paper way back when I was a consultant with them, so I have quite a few pieces to use before I get them all used up, but you just can't go wrong with blue paper with a subtle star print!

I cut my paper on the diagonal and covered the seam with a variety of die cut stars. I made a couple of tags to be my title holder:


And I also added a couple of tags to the top left corner:


This challenge also goes along with this week's challenge at Lasting Memories - to scrap a summer themed layout and use the word "fun" somewhere on your layout. I have scrapped some 4th of July photos of Ada and included a "summer fun" word phrase sticker.

Be sure to head on over and check out the Southern Girls Challenge and the beautiful projects from the design team. We would love it if you played along with us!

Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. OMIGOSH I absolutely love the way you used your tags! I never thought of using a couple of tags to place my title on (I usually just use one tag). I'm adding that to my idea book, TY!

    ReplyDelete