Sunday, September 9, 2018

Good Times at the Ballpark - Lasting Memories #412

Hello, hello! Good Sunday morning to you! I hope you are having a good weekend. We got to enjoy the day with Miss Ada yesterday and now today we are looking forward to football!

Lasting Memories has a new challenge up today. Our theme for September is - Mixed Bag - and this week the challenge is an - Either/Or - challenge.

Listed below are 5 sets of 2 items. You must pick one of the items from each set - not both - and include it on your layout for a total of 5 items.

stripes or polka dots
circles or squares
wood veneer or washi tape
enamel dots or sequins
hearts or stars


For my layout, I have chosen stripes, circles - part of my title and a half circle at the bottom, wood veneer, enamel dots, and stars. 

I guess I kind of cheated by using wood veneer hearts...but I do love my guys and had to include a few hearts, too!

I based my layout on this sketch from PageMaps - May 2018:


I still need to add my journaling and I will add it underneath my title/photo like it is in the sketch when I get it typed up. I will be channeling my inner Janet from RTS Scrapbooking and telling a story that is much deeper than just the fact that we are enjoying a Springfield Cardinals baseball game. It will be sort of a look back at the time this photo was taken (sometime between 2006 and 2008) and seeing how far we have come in the last 10 or so years and what has changed since this time. 

If you scrapbook to get the stories documented, you need to check out Janet at RTS Scrapbooking's YouTube channel. She has really made me rethink my whole scrapbook process and I am so thankful to get back to the reason that I started scrapbooking, which is to tell the stories.

Here are a couple of close-ups of my layout:



I have used all older product from my supplies - the Doodlebug paper and navy cardstock I had put together in a page protector to use for a future layout. The date on the paper is 2004 and it's probably been in that page protector waiting to be used for about as long! The circle alphas are also Doodlebug from 2012. The only "more recent" item on this layout is the Bella Blvd alpha stickers that I picked up this spring.

I would also like to know how in the world I can have these thousands (yes thousands!) of pieces of patterned paper and somehow I can never find a "real red" patterned paper! I have deep red, I have light red, I have pinkish red, but when I try to find a real red, I can never find one! Thank goodness I found this red cardstock - it's not patterned paper, but it gets the job done!

Head on over to Lasting Memories to see which of the items that the rest of the design team picked for their layouts. I would love it if you had a chance to play along with us!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment