Friday, September 21, 2018

Sketches In Thyme PL Style #110

Hello, everyone! Happy Friday to you! We have made it back round to the weekend and I am ready for it! I have lots of scrappy plans for this weekend - I just hope it all works out! Sometimes my plans don't jive with the rest of the family!

It's time for a new sketch at Sketches In Thyme PL Style today. Emma has created a fun sketch for us to work with:


Guys, I cannot believe it - I actually used a project life card from core kit for my card! I think this may be the first time! I have hundreds...okay, maybe closer to thousands of core kit cards in my scrap room and I still have trouble using them, but I thought this colorful rainbow stripe card would be perfect for my card about Ada and her obsession with Candy Land.


I didn't think that the rounded edges of the card would bother me that much, but when I needed this card and photo to go into a 6x4 pocket side by side, I couldn't get past it! I trimmed the card down to square off the corners, then matted it onto a white 6x4 card. I love the way it turned out!

Here's a look at one of the other cards that will go along with this one in my spread:


Before I chose the project life card, I played around with the idea of using the Simple Stories - Dream Big - collection for making my cards. The colors were very similar and I think they would have worked well, too, but when I had the chance to actually use a project life card, I knew I'd better take it! I did use the ice cream cone die cut from that collection on this card.

Here's a look at both cards together:


These photos of Ada aren't the best - she cannot stay still long enough to get a good photo - but this is definitely something that I wanted to document about our "right now". I have one more photo to go with these photos and a journaling card to tell the story, so you will see the whole group when I share my completed spread. I have had a hard time getting my photos printed this week...yeah, I think I need to get a Selphy so I can just print at home! I am hoping to have my spread done by the end of the weekend.

About these photos - Abby and Shawn bought Candy Land for Ada towards the end of the summer. She loved it so much that I bought it to have at our house, too. I did not know what I was getting myself into! This girl is obsessed with Candy Land. We play it multiple times a day and Ada is really good at it! I guess you can call her lucky - she always seems to win - and when she doesn't she is a very gracious loser.

These photos were taken on the 4th of September and here we are still playing multiple games - multiple times a day - almost 3 weeks later! I don't know if she will ever get tired of it!

Head on over to Sketches In Thyme PL Style to see what the rest of the design team has created for this sketch. We would love to see what you create!

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment