Thursday, September 13, 2018

Scrap Our Stash September Golden Globe Challenge

Hello, everyone! Happy Thursday to you!

Today is my day to be featured over at Scrap Our Stash with my take on the September Golden Globe challenge. Not only are we to be inspired by the movie poster to create a grid layout, but we are to also use a transparency or vellum on our layout.

Here is the inspiration poster:


Grid layouts can take on many forms and I have chosen to do a classic grid background for my layout. I matted my photo on top of a piece of vellum to help it stand out a bit more from the busier background.


I have used a mix of Echo Park, Carta Bella, and Bella Blvd papers for my squares. I cut the squares to three and a half inches and inked the edges of each square. I also used up some stickers and chipboard from Bella Blvd on this layout, as well. It felt good to finally use up those chipboard stickers and get them out of my supplies and on to a layout.

Here is a close-up of the bottom cluster:


I didn't really feel like this layout needed a title - and really, I don't know where I would have put it if I had one! I think it's funny - I used to think layouts always needed a title, but in the last few months of made several that didn't really have a dedicated title.

Head on over to Scrap Our Stash to see more design team inspiration. I hope you have some time to play along - I would love to see what you create!

Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment