Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Hello Fall - Counterfeit Kit Challenge

Hello, everyone! Happy Wednesday! Here we are midway through the week already. The weekend will be here before we know it.

Counterfeit Kit Challenge has their first challenge of September. Tina is our hostess this month and she is challenging us to use the colors red, gold, and purple on our projects.

If you remember from my kit reveal post on the first, I had to go in search of purple paper for my kit and this challenge is the reason why! Well, I had a hard time finding just the shade that I wanted to use - I have more lavender shades in my supplies than that deep rich purple that I was looking for.

Here is what I came up with and I love the end result!


I think this may be the first layout that I have created about the fall colors with only trees in the photos. I have scrapped plenty of family photos in front of the pretty trees, but just the trees - not so much.

I love the beautiful colors of fall, but the color is pretty hit or miss around here. Usually, it is so dry leading up to the fall season that we don't get good color. Or the trees seem to turn overnight and we get a storm to blow through the next day and all the pretty leaves are gone. Yep, there's almost always a pretty small window to get any good fall photos! Now the last few years we have been lucky to have some lasting color and to get our family photos taken before the leaves are all gone. I'm sure you will be seeing some of those photos on layouts using my kit in the coming weeks!

It was so nice having everything I needed for this layout already in my kit. The only things I added that wasn't in my kit is the gold mist and the purple ink that I used for my splatters. I am thrilled that I was able to use one of the bows and the word stickers that I made for my forgeries on this layout. And I love that I remembered to add the ribbon to the page, as well! I have just enough ribbon to use on one more 12x12 layout - or a couple of cards - and that spool of ribbon will be used up!

Here are a couple of close-ups of my cluster areas:


I thought the autumn lane sticker was a great addition seeing as how these photos are of the trees that line our driveway. I am so happy that I scored those glitter enamel dots at the Dollar Tree! They are perfect for this layout, and my kit!


The autumn lane sticker and the one fall day sticker could show up on future layouts. A couple of years ago an online store was going out of business and had priority mail boxes filled with sticker sheets that they hadn't sold out of. You had to buy sight unseen and you just got what you got, but I got a lot of great sticker sheets in that box for a great price. It's just I got multiples of the sheets - like 4 sheets of the same sticker sheet. A lot were alpha sticker sheets - which is always good - and the others I have slowly been using up over the last couple of years.

Head on over to Counterfeit Kit Challenge to see Tina and our guest designer Janet's take on the challenge. We would love to see your projects using the color challenge!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. lovely layout and just love that you choose red for most of your layout it brings out the red in the trees in the pictures too :) I need to stop by my dollar store to see if I can get some glittery dots :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL layout! And we have the same problem w/ Fall living in Southern (Hot-as-Heck) CA, LOL

    ReplyDelete