Sunday, June 21, 2020

July 4th - Scrap Our Stash Sketch Challenge

Hello, everyone! Happy Father's Day to all of the dads out there. I hope you all have a wonderful day! All of our kiddos should be over for a bbq, homemade ice cream, and fun today.

Today I am sharing my take on this mont's sketch challenge at Scrap Our Stash. Along with the sketch challenge we are to use kraft paper and at least one metal embellishment. Here's a look at the sketch:


 I have quite a few old metal embellishments - like from 2004 or so - that I need to use. I went through those and had some for the 4th of July and some for Christmas and I felt more like doing a summer layout, so the 4th of July it is! I also found a pack of paper frills. Anyone remember those from Doodlebug Designs? There are a variety of borders in a pack and they were from 2006. I uncovered these little gems in my stash a while back and set them out to try to use them. I think I have used a total of 11 borders out of the 32 that came in this pack...yeah, I've got a lot to still use! Here is a photo of the older stash that I used on this layout. As you can see, I still have a ways to go before I get them completely used up!


Here is my layout - our traditional 4th of July family photos:
I used the kraft paper for the middle section of my layout and the blue paper is from Close To  My Heart's Blue Skies paper pack. Along with the red paper frills, I used my big scallop punch to make a double border above and below the middle section. 


I really love these metal words from Making Memories. I think I bought about every theme that they had in these. Those little flag stickers are some of my favorite and I finished off what was left in the pack on this layout. I die cut and punched different sized stars to scatter around my layout.



These metal looking words/phrases are from Die Cuts With A View from the early 2000s, too. I am so happy that I had this challenge to make me get them out and put them to use!

Be sure to stop by Scrap Our Stash to see how the rest of the design team took on this challenge. I hope you have some time to play along with us!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Great job using things up! I actually don't have any metal embellishments, but there are loads of other things I need to get and get used.

    ReplyDelete