Friday, June 5, 2020

Sketch N Scrap Card Sketch #171

Hello, everyone! Happy Friday to you! I hope that you have had a good week and are all ready for the weekend. It definitely feels like summer has arrived. We have had temps in the 80s and we're supposed to hit 90 today and after having so many cool rainy days in May I am loving it!

It's time for the first card sketch of the month at Sketch N Scrap today and it is the debut of Sketch Artist Stacy's first sketch!


Here is what I came up with:


I have really been trying to use up all of a paper once I cut into it instead of adding it to my scraps pile. I used these same black and white papers on a card last week and since they were still on my desk - and the sizes that I needed - they made it on another card! The yellow strip of paper came from my scraps so there was no need to cut into more paper! 

The sentiment is from an older Close To My Heart stamp set (CC1041 - Hello Life Cardmaking) and I stamped it on the bottom of my tag with Canary ink from Close To My Heart. The flower is also stamped from an older Close To My Heart stamp set (D1758 Gimme Some Sugar Scrapbooking). I stamped it on white cardstock and then fussy cut it out. I just love that little flower! I added in a few yellow enamel dots to finish it off.

I love the way that this card turned out and I can't wait to send it out to someone special for #joyinjune. Wanna know more about #joyinjune? Head on over to my good friend Lisa's Facebook page to read all about it. You can find it here - Created By Lisa.

Be sure to stop by Sketch N Scrap to see how the rest of the design team took on this fun sketch. I hope you have a chance to play along with us!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. I am loving yellow for this Summer and this card is so beautiful!! LOVE the color combo and that pretty flower!! So cute and a great job with the sketch! Thanks for joining me for #joyinjune as well!!

    ReplyDelete