Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Week 24/2019 - The ScrapRoom Shots of Life Kit

Hello, everyone! Today I am here to share my Week 24/2019 using the Shots of Life Kit from The ScrapRoom.

Here is a look at the May/June Shots of Life Kit:


And here is my layout:


Week 24 was my birthday week so I was able to use a couple of the cut apart cards from Fancy Pants' Cake Smash and the rest of the cards are from the cut apart paper from Simple Stories' Summer Farmhouse. Father's Day also fell during this week and I will have an insert with photos from our Father's Day celebration - and I used the Fancy Pants Cake Smash cut apart paper for that - so stay tuned! Everything on this layout came from the Shots of Life kit with the exception of the white cardstock, the white enamel hearts, the week stamp, and the small blue alpha stickers

Here is the left side of my spread:


I used one of the 4x3 cards from Simple Stories and mounted it on a 4x6 card for my title card. The rest of the photos are from my birthday - except for the photo of Ada in the left bottom corner. I journaled about Ada's photo around the edge of the filler card.


I had a lot I wanted to remember from my birthday, so I turned the "Happy Birthday" filler card into a flip-up to hold all of my journaling:


My birthday fell on a Wednesday so it was just me, Scott, and Shane. Scott made supper for me that night, I had lots of birthday wishes via phone calls and Facebook, we found our Matthew had made the Dean's List for the spring semester, Jenny made my favorite German Chocolate pie and brought it over, we had a pop-up thunderstorm in the evening and was blessed with a beautiful rainbow, the neighbor's sheep came over for a visit, and the Blues won the Stanley Cup!


We never really watched hockey before last season but Matthew's college roommate was from St. Louis and a big Blues fan. He got Matthew hooked on it and then Matthew got us hooked on it when he would watch it when he came home on the weekends. And the whole story behind last season was just so awesome - how could we not become fans! Anyway, I wanted to include the story of how we became Blues fans and I had another photo of the team with the trophy, so I added it behind the photo that is shown. I forgot to take a photo but you can see the pull tab above. I am so sad that we haven't been able to watch the Blues play this season because of Covid-19. I know when it does finally come back on that we will be catching as many of the games as we can!

The right side of the layout shows photos from the rest of the week:


Abby and Ada started marking things off of their summer bucket list with a trip to the park and a movie - The Secret Life of Pets 2:


I'm working on a Traveler's Notebook of their bucket list so I didn't go into much detail here - just the highlights.

The middle row shows Willie getting his summer hair cut - which he was needing badly - and our kittens, Mike and Sully playing on the back deck:


The bottom row is a photo from Father's Day and a bit of journaling about the day. As I said before, I am adding an insert with more photos and journaling from that day and will share that with you a little later.

Another great kit to get my summer memories documented!

Be sure to check out The ScrapRoom to see all of their great kits each and every month. Also, check out The ScrapRoom blog for lots of inspiration using their kits all month long!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day! 


No comments:

Post a Comment