Sunday, June 14, 2020

Easter Fun - The Studio Challenges Sketch Challenge

Hello, everyone! Good Sunday morning to you all! I hope you are having a good weekend. We have had a great weekend filled with lots of family time celebrating my birthday!

Today I am sharing my take on this week's challenge at The Studio Challenges. This week we have a fun sketch challenge for you. Here's a look at the sketch:


This sketch was based on DT Member Michelle's layout here.

This is what I came up with:


These photos are of Ada from Easter this year. It was supposed to be pretty rainy Easter weekend so they decided to put on her Easter dress and take a few photos and do their egg hunt a little early.

Ada's dress was yellow with pretty pink flowers all over it and this yellow paper from the Brushed paper pack from Close To My Heart was just perfect for these photos. This is an older paper pack that they have brought back for June and July. I already know that I will be purchasing another pack of this paper before it is gone!

I stuck pretty closely to the sketch and mixed in a few details from Michelle's original layout like the rounded corners and embellishments under the photos. 

Here are a couple of close-ups:



The flowers are from one of my favorite older Close To My Heart sets - Gimme Some Sugar Scrapbooking - D1758. They are so easy to stamp and fussy cut. I sprinkled a few enamel dots around my layout to finish it off.


Be sure to stop by The Studio Challenges to see how the rest of the design team took on the sketch. I would love to see your take on it, too!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day! 

3 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous with all the yellow and pink, Lori! I love the pretty floral accents too! Great work with that sketch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh - I absolutely love these papers

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out so cute. I love that stamp set, too. And I still have some of the stamp sets from the original Brushed, so I know I will buy more, too. LOL

    ReplyDelete