Sunday, June 28, 2020

What It's All About - The Studio Challenges - Slant or Angle

Hello, everyone! Happy Sunday to you! I hope that you are having a good weekend. It has been a busy one around here. My daughter, granddaughter, son, and I all ventured out to do a little shopping (other than just grocery shopping) on Friday - the first time since the pandemic started. We were sure to wear our face masks and I was happy to see the majority of people had them on and the stores still were not overly crowded.

The Studio Challenges has a new challenge up today. This week we want to see your layouts on a slant or angle.

I like to do these types of layouts once in a while. It's kind of fun to have a reason to not have everything lined up perfectly! For my layout, I scraplifted one of my own layouts from a few years ago. You can see my original layout and the sketch from Stuck Sketches that I used here

Here is my layout for this week's challenge:


This is one of my favorite photos from this year so far and I already know I will be scrapping it again - I have another story to tell about - along with more photos - and I know it will be in my Traveler's Notebook for this year, too. 

At this point, we were a little over a month into the pandemic. Scott had been laid off, Abby and Ada were doing school from home, Matthew's college courses had gone to all online and his internship was having him work from home. The only time any of us were getting out was just to pick up groceries and Abby had to go into work a few times to get more homework packets made up for her students - which I believe was the reason they were even at our house on this day. 

It was so good to get together for a visit. Ada told Pops that she wanted to play Mario Kart on the Wii and they had so much fun! We all laughed and joked and it just made things feel a little like normal again. It was such a fun day.

For my layout, I added some paint around the edges for a change. I also wanted the vellum hearts to stand out a bit more so I outlined them with the paint, as well.  I also used the paint for the splatters around my page. 

Here are a couple of close-ups:



I used staples as much as possible to fasten down my vellum hearts and when that wasn't an option I had to get a little creative!

I love this layout just as much as the original!

Be sure to stop by The Studio Challenges to see how the rest of the design team took on this challenge. I hope you find some time to play along with us - I would love to see your take on the challenge, too!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Adorable layout and it is the little things that have kept us going through this whole situation too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute layout! I like the slanted design!

    ReplyDelete