Monday, June 1, 2020

The Great Stash Bash - June 2020 Kit

Hello and Happy June 1st! I cannot believe that it is already June, but I am looking forward to those long lazy days of summer!


It is time for the June edition of The Great Stash Bash 2020 and I am so excited to share that Lisa and I did things a little differently this month! We each created a kit from our stash following the challenge graphic below and then I sent my kit to Lisa and she sent her kit to me and that is the kit we will be working with this month! 

For those who are new to the challenge here is how it works:
On the 1st of each month we will post a challenge prompt and the stash kit we have created following that prompt. During the month we will try to use as much of our stash kits as possible on different projects. Then, on the last day of the month, we will do a recap post showing what stash we were able to bash!
This will be a just-for-fun challenge so no monthly prize - but isn't the real prize using up our stash? You never know - if we still have a few unused stash items after a few months, then those items may just go into a giveaway. We hope you will join us in our quest to bash some stash in 2020. If you accept the challenge to play along - link up on either my blog or Lisa's blog (or both if you choose) so that we can see who is joining us each month!

Here is June's challenge:


Along with creating a kit of 10 papers (7 papers that are 3 years or older and 3 newer papers), 5-7 scrap papers, four embellishments (3 that are 3 years or older, and 1 newer embellishment), we will be concentrating on using up Alpha stickers/Thickers.

Lisa did a fantastic job putting my kit together! It was so hard to not start working on a layout right away, but I had to get photos of my kit to share with you guys!

Here's a look at the complete kit:


Lisa filled my kit with everything summer! I have so many ideas for projects...I may actually kill my kit this month!

Here is a look a the older papers - filled with all of my favorite manufacturers - Simple Stories, Echo Park, Doodlebug Designs, and Close To My Heart. More than likely this is the side that I will use, but the "back" side of each paper is so pretty, I might change my mind!


Here is the "back" side of the papers above:


Here is a look at the "older" part of my kit - embellishments included:


Lisa sent me the Simple Stories - Hello Summer - 12x12 sticker sheet, enamel shapes, wood veneer, and flair pieces. I cannot wait to use those wood pieces and flair pieces!

Here are the papers she included in the "new" portion of the kit - papers from Jillibean Soup, Close To My Heart, and Carta Bella:


I know I will be fussy cutting some of those framed pieces for embellishments!

Here's a look at the "back" side of the above papers. It's hard to tell in the photo, but the middle paper is white with baby pink x's all over it:


Here is the "new" kit - complete with "new" embellishment - summer die cut pieces from Photo Play:


I was bad and totally forgot to include any scraps in the kit that I sent to Lisa, but she assured me she had plenty to put in there for me...

Here are the scraps that Lisa included in my kit:


Since we are concentrating on using up alpha stickers/Thickers - here is what Lisa sent to me:


I don't have an overabundance of alpha stickers - or maybe I should say of Thickers - I tend to use my dies or stamps more for my titles. Don't get me wrong, I have plenty of alpha stickers - 2 containers that are full, in fact - it's just the majority are not Thickers, so I was happy to get these fun colors of Thickers - and the Bella Blvd alphas are some of my favorites!

I am so excited to start using up my kit!

Now for the rules - Since this is a just for fun challenge the rules are not set in stone BUT we have them to help you focus on what really matters using your stash & to help spread the word of our fun challenge so others may join in!!  You know you have at least one friend who needs to use her stash!! 

Here are the rules: 
1. Follow the challenge prompt to create a kit to work with throughout the month. You may use other items, but please concentrate on using your kit. 
2. Create new, not previously posted projects using your stash kit.
3. If you have a blog - please include the challenge graphic and a link to our challenge in your posts. 
4. You may link to social media if you don't have a blog. If you share on Instagram, please make sure to use - #lisaandlorisgreatstashbash2020
Be sure to stop by Lisa's blog to see the kit that I put together for her. I hope you are inspired to pull out some of your stash and play along with us this month. If you do play along with us - be sure to link up below. We would love to see your kits and your projects.


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I can't wait to see what you create with this kit and I am ready to dive into the one you sent me ASAP!! Thanks for a fun challenge for June!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cant wait to see what you create with this. I don't keep scraps so I'll be looking to play along with you next month!

    ReplyDelete