Monday, June 15, 2020

Sketch N Scrap #203 - Nature Girl


Hello, everyone! Good Monday morning to you! I hope that you had a good weekend and are ready for the new week.

It's time for the mid-month sketch challenge at Sketch N Scrap today. This sketch is courtesy of our newest Sketch Artist, Stacy, and it is a fun one:



And here is my layout:


For this layout, I have used the Simple Stories "Summer Farmhouse" portion of my June Flavors of the Month kit from The ScrapRoom. I must admit that when I saw this collection I had to go ahead and get the whole collection, so I had my choice of die cuts and stickers from the sticker book, but all of the papers and some of my die cuts came from my ScrapRoom kit. I love that you get everything you need in these kits to make at least one layout and I still have enough leftover that I can make another layout with this kit. 

Here are a couple of close-ups:


I moved the title up from the bottom of the sketch to the top - just my personal preference with the alphas that I used - which are my new favorite find! I'm always on the lookout for new tools that will give me a lot of bang for my buck. Alphabet dies can be a bit pricey upfront but for me, they pay for themselves in no time and I always have the ability to make as many E's, or A's, or whatever letter I need multiples of and I can make them whatever color that I need. These particular alphabet dies are from Concord & 9th and I can't get enough of them!


Be sure to check out Sketch N Scrap to see the beautiful layouts from the rest of the design team. I would love to see your take on the sketch, too!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Have a great day!




3 comments:

  1. This is an amazing line and I am tempted to get more too! I love your take on the sketch, your embellishment clusters are so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't a fan of this line when it came out, but your layout makes me want to run and get it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE, love, love x 100 this sketch and beautiful LO! OHMY: that tag, those embellie clusters and the sweet pics! You outdid yourself, which is saying a lot. Thanx for sharing. Love everything you do, Lori! Your blog posts are such a treat! ~Ali

    ReplyDelete