Saturday, June 6, 2020

Counterfeit Kit Challenge June Mini Kit Reveal

Hello and Happy Saturday! I hope your weekend is off to a good start. We got to spend a little time hanging out in the pool with our daughter and granddaughter yesterday and that always makes for a good time!

It is mini kit day at Counterfeit Kit Challenges and I am here to share my kit and a layout with you. Master Forger Tara chose this beautiful kit from Clique Kits International for our inspiration kit this month:


Here's a closer look at the embellishments that are in the kit:


And here is the mini kit that I have put together:


At first glance, it really looks nothing like the inspiration kit, but when I saw the following two sets of papers, my mind got stuck on a collection that I had a little bit left of and that is all I needed to pull my mini kit together. Can you guess what collection it is?

Here are the two papers that inspired my kit:


And these are the papers from Cocoa Vanilla's Happiness collection that I immediately thought of - can you see some resemblances here?


This is one of my most favorite collections of all time and I will be so sad when it is all gone, but it makes me happy knowing I can see it anytime in my scrapbooks!

Here are all of the papers that I have left from this collection and I went ahead and included all of them to see how much I can get used up this month:


And these are the only scraps that I have left:


There were some die cut words, labels, and butterflies in the inspiration kit - all things that were included in the die cut packs and sticker sheets from the Cocoa Vanilla collection and that is all that I have included for embellishments. I did find a label sheet from Pretty Little Studios that matched my kit fairly well, and I added in some enamel dots and washi tape, too:


Here is my first layout using my mini kit - a traveler's notebook spread in my 2020 - 52 Favorites TN:


We have a new little kitten and it is the first tame kitten we have had in ages. We named him Pepe Le Pew because when he was just a couple of weeks old he got "skunked" and smelled for quite a while! Pepe was the perfect name for him (although I think he may be a "her"...). Anyway, Ada is in love with Pepe and looks forward to seeing him and playing with him each week when she comes for a visit. From the looks of this photo, it looks like Pepe may like Ada, too!


I love all of the cute die-cut pieces and words in this kit. They make it so easy to pull a layout together!

I have so many ideas for what else I want to make with this kit. Hopefully, I will be sharing a few more projects before the end of the month and can report that I killed this mini kit!

Be sure to stop by Counterfeit Kit Challenges to see Clair's mini kit, too. 

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. That's really cute. You make me want to try TN!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your kit & the layout! Of course, pretty little girls & cute baby kittens don't hurt either. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Happiness collection and can't wait to see all you make with your counterfeit kit.

    ReplyDelete