Monday, June 8, 2020

Bring On Summer - Scrap Our Stash Recipe Challenge

Hello, everyone! Happy Monday to you! I hope that you are all doing well.  It's the start of a new week and my to-do list is pretty long, so here's hoping it's a good - productive week!

Today I am sharing my layout for the Scrap Our Stash - What's My Challenge - Recipe challenge. Here is a look at the recipe:


And here is my layout:


I used 5 different patterned papers - 6 if you count the background - behind the photo. My 4 different types of embellishments are - die cuts, stickers, puffy dots, and hearts, and rubber pieces. 3 word title - Bring on Summer, 2 different types of alphas - I used tiny letter stickers and a Thickers puffy word, and last but not least, my 1 photo. 

The papers and most of the embellishments are from a couple of Pebbles collections - Oh Summertime and Sun and Fun. I love both of these collections and I am sure you will be seeing more of them with me scrapping summertime photos for a while.

I added the journaling to a tag and added it behind some of the layers behind the photo. This photo is of Ada from just a week or so ago. The weather in May here was rainy and cool and we didn't even get the pool up and going until the week before Memorial Day. Ada has been so looking forward to getting to swim and the weather just wasn't cooperating! We finally had a few sunny days but that pool water was a cool 72 degrees when she got in. She was a trooper and stayed in for a few minutes but there was no fight when we asked if she was ready to get out. She sat out in the sun for a while - all covered up with her towel - and said what we have all been thinking - I'm ready for summer! Now, this past week we have seen temps around 90 and the pool water feels great! I guess we were just needing to give it time. 

Here are a couple of close-ups:


It doesn't look like you can see the title very well on that colorful rainbow striped sticker, but it all really pops off of there in person.


I am so happy to finally be able to use a couple of these grey rubber shapes from Amy Tangerine! I love them but some of the colors are hard to match with anything. I'll keep working at it and get the rest of them used up one of these days!

Be sure to stop by Scrap Our Stash to see how the rest of the team took on the recipe. I hope you have some time to play along with us this month!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. I love, love, LOVE your layout! It is so colorful and so cute!

    ReplyDelete