Sunday, April 19, 2020

Hello Sunshine - The Studio Challenges

Hello, everyone! Good Sunday morning to you! After a few really cool days, and a few nights with freeze warnings, the weather is finally starting to warm back up. Hopefully, the warm weather is here to stay now. 

It's time for a new challenge at The Studio Challenges today. This week's challenge is - Florals - to celebrate spring, we want you to use floral papers and flowers on your layout.


I've been trying to go back through some of my older photos of Ada and get them scrapped. This photo is from May of 2016 and we were on a walk. We took a lot of walks when the weather warmed up - Ada enjoyed being outside and she always had a lot of energy (she still does!) - so we would go for walks in hopes of wearing off some of that energy! She always seemed to find a treasure - usually a stick, or a rock, or a flower - to bring home with her. On this particular day, she found the perfect stick and a daisy. The stick made it all the way home with us, sadly, the daisy did not! Good thing there are a lot more of those where that one came from! I just love her looking at - and probably trying to smell - the daisy in this picture.

I used papers from my April Great Stash Bash kit. I just love this floral paper from an old Imaginisce collection. The flowers that I used were actually in my...February - I think - Great Stash Bash kit and I never used them. After using some on this layout, I only have 2 flower stickers left!

Here is a close-up of the title area:


I have had these wood veneer words in my stash for a long time. I got them at Michaels and they were stuck to the backing sheet with double-sided tape. Neither word came off cleanly, but at least the breaks were clean and easy to put the words back together. I still have 3 words left and I hope I can get them on a project before the end of the month!

Head on over to The Studio Challenges to see the beautiful layouts from the rest of the design team. I hope you get a chance to play along with us!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Have a great day!

1 comment: